- A standard states technical specification or other precise criteria designed to be used consistently as a rule, guideline, or definition. 1
- Standards help ensure quality and compatibility of material, product, process or service.
- Annual book of ASTM Standards (hard copy)
Reference TA401 .A653
- Standards published by the American Society For Testing. Updated to 2017.
- British Standards Online
- Provides access to standards published by the British Standards Institution. Full-text is available for five library subscribed modules: Construction in general; Building materials and components; Building installations and finishing; Civil engineering; and Historical standards.
- IEEE Xplore (1988-)
- Full images of periodicals, conference proceedings, as well as standards published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE). Search Guide
Worldwide Standards Services
Full images of British Standards and International Standards Organization standards (1922-1998).
Available at the Reference Standalone station (Library ground floor).
1The British Standards Institution. What is a standard? Retrieved February, 2017 from https://www.bsigroup.com/en-GB/standards/Information-about-standards/what-is-a-standard//