Skip to main content
Selected Internet Resources
- 中文電影資料庫 = Chinese Movie Database
The database contains information on Chinese-language movies including silent films produced in China from 1910 to 1930. Biographies of renowned actors and actresses, reviews, and news on awards are also provided.
It provides an index to film-related materials in early Chinese newspapers from Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Hangzhou and Tianjin.
- Internet Movie Database
It covers over 120,000 movies with more than 1,750,000 filmography entries. Information associated with the movies, such as plot summaries, character names, ratings, and reviews, is listed in detail.
- New York Times Film Reviews Online
It allows you browse or search 28,000 New York Times movie reviews. Included in the free review archive are all films reviewed since 1960, reviews of all Best Picture Academy Award winners.
- Taiwan Cinema Studies Network
It contains an annotated bibliography on Taiwan cinema, information on conferences, seminars, and other related activities on Taiwan cinema studies, as well as essays on Taiwan film history, and film industry.
- 香港電影資料館 = Hong Kong Film Archives
- 電影服務統籌科 = Film Services Office
- 財團法人國家電影資料館/台灣雹影斁位典藏中心 = Chinese Taipei Film Archive
- AFI: American Film Institute
It aims as preserving the heritage of the motion picture, identifying and training new talent, and increasing the recognition of the moving image as an art form. It also includes 10 top 10 lists (America's 10 Greatest films in 10 classic genres).
- Academic Film Archive of North America
It provides an archive, resource, and forum for continuing scholarly advancement and public exhibition. It also documents and archives historically important films not specifically in the academic genre, including anthropological, ethnographic, and medical subjects.
- Australian Center for the Moving Image
- BFI: British Film Institute
BFI promotes greater understanding and appreciation of, and access to, film and moving image culture in the UK.
- Film independent
- International Federation of Film Archives
- National Film Board of Canada
- National Film Preservation Board (U.S.)
- Online Film Critic's Society
OFCS is a respected professional organization for film critics. Its works (including reviews, interviews and essays) appear primarily on the internet.
© HKUST Library