Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
© HKUST Library, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. All Rights Reserved.
Finding Theses & Dissertations
- Print Collection
- The Library's printed collection of HKUST master's theses and doctoral dissertations is shelved on 1/F. The call number is in the format of: Thesis Department Year Author, e.g., Thesis BIOL 2000 Yiu.
- HKUST Electronic Theses Database
- Contains full images of the University's master's theses and doctoral dissertations. The full text of many records is available to all, where permitted by the author. Search Guide.
Finding Theses & Dissertations of Other Hong Kong Universities
- Hong Kong University Theses Online
- Holds over 16,000 titles of theses and dissertations submitted for higher degrees to the University of Hong Kong since 1941, the vast majority of which provide full text. Almost all HKU theses are included in the database.
Finding Theses & Dissertations of Universities Worldwide
- ABI/INFORM Collection
- Contains close to 20,000 full-text business doctoral dissertations in addition to full-text of hundreds of business periodicals. Under "More Search Options," you can limit your search to Publication Type: Dissertations. Search Guide.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Database
- The database contains over 2 million citations and abstracts to doctoral dissertations and master's theses accepted by 1,000 universities in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and other regions. It also provides 24-page previews of dissertations/theses published since 1997. Users can place online orders using their own credit cards. Free download of full-text image files is only restricted to business dissertations worldwide and HKUST PhD dissertations.
- Digital dissertation consortium = 數位化論文典藏聯盟
- The database contains thousands of ProQuest dissertations in various disciplines from North American universities from 2001.
- This database indexes articles from about 4,800 English and Chinese periodicals from Taiwan since 1970, plus some titles from Hong Kong and Macau.
- Australasian Digital Thesis Program
- Provides access to thesis information from over 30 universities in Australia. Users can limit their search to digital theses only and access the full-text.
- The Library subscribes to three series of the CAJ Full-Text Database: Literature, History and Philosophy; Education and Social Sciences; and Economics, Politics and Law, providing access to over 4,000 core journals published in Mainland China in these subject areas. It supports full-text searching or searching in specific fields such as author, title, keyword, abstract, journal name,and reference. Images of articles can either be viewed in PDF or CAJ format.
- Digital Library and Archives: Electronic Theses and Dissertations
- Search 11,000 theses and dissertations that have been approved by the VirginiaTech Graduate School since 1995. Some theses have restricted access to VirginiaTech members only.
- DSpace at MIT
- A collection of selected MIT master's and doctoral theses available online in full text. The range of years represented in the collection is mid 1800's to present.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)
- Links to universities, organizations, and companies that provide electronic theses and dissertations on the Internet. Some dissertations can be viewed online, others with detailed bibliographic information.
Online Ordering & Interlibrary Loan
- British Library Theses Service
- Offers paid access to most of the doctoral theses, totalling 170,000, awarded by British universities since the early 1970s.
- UMI Dissertation Express
- Look up specific thesis by title, author, or publication number and order online. A 24-page preview of dissertations/theses published since 1997 is also available via PQTD.
- HKUST Interlibrary Loan
- Submit your request via HKUST ILLiad. Our Document Supply Service Department will try to borrow the theses/dissertation for you from the holding library. Fees may apply.