Bloomberg Excel Add-In is a powerful tool that allows you to deliver Bloomberg data into MS Excel spreadsheet for analysis and calculations. The Data Wizard is a handy feature to retreive various types of data from Bloomberg.
Click the Real-Time/Historical icon to open the Data Wizard.
If you have "N/A Limit" on your Excel spreadsheet when extracting data on Bloomberg, it means that you have reached the API download limit on that machine (learn more about other error codes). Generally speaking, there are 3 types of API download limits:
If we have surpassed the monthly API download limit, you will have to wait until the start of the next month for the limit to be reinstated, so use the API quota wisely. There are also other ways to export Bloomberg data without using the quota.
1. Historical Closing Price
If you want to get a time series of closing price for a stock (e.g. Cheung Kong Holdings; BBG Ticker: 1 HK <EQUITY>)
2. Balance Sheet/Income Statement Items
To extract accounting items for a company (e.g. Cheung Kong Holdings; BBG Ticker: 1 HK <EQUITY>) from Bloomberg, you can
If you are using the Excel Add-In for the first time, or if the Add-in does not appear in Excel, please follow these installation steps:
1) Log into Bloomberg using the unique Bloomberg login for each terminal.
2) Go to Desktop, open the MS Office 2016 folder, then open Excel and close it.
3) Go back to Desktop, click on the BBAddIn.exe file to install the Excel Add-In.
4) Once installed, the Bloomberg tab will appear in the Excel ribbon.
5) Need assistance? Contact the Library (Email: LBREF@ust.hk, WhatsApp: 9701-1055).