- Click View Journal Rankings, then OK. At the Open JCR Database dialog box, highlight the desired database and click Open.
- The default listing of the journals is by journal abbreviation in alphabetical order. To locate a particular journal, click the Move To button on the toolbar (ie., 3rd icon from the left) and type in the journal abbreviation or full name. Check the Use Full Journal Name box in the latter case.
To View Additional Information
- Click the appropriate icon on the toolbar or click View/Calculations on the top menu bar for options available. Additional information includes:
||publisher's name and address, etc.,
|Citing Journal Listing
||information on journals which have been cited by the selected journal
|Cited Journal Listing
||information on journals which have cited the selected journal
|Source Data Listing
||information on no. of articles and references published in the selected journal
|formula to calculate the average citation rate of a journal's articles in the preceding 2 years
|Immediacy Index Calculation
||formula to calculate current year's citation rate of a journal
|formula to calculate the no. of years from the current year where 50% of the total cites received by the journal in the current year is cumulated
|formula to calculate the no. of years from the current year where 50% of the total cites given by the journal in the current year is cumulated
|Journal Title Changes
||title changes information
To Filter Journals
Filtering journals allows you to view a smaller and more specific set of journals. Only one filter may be applied at one time. To apply a filter:
- Click the Filter button (4th icon from the right) on the toolbar;
- Choose the desired option in the Filter Journals dialog box, eg., Category, then click Filter;
- Click on the Move To button and type in your term;
- Click Move;
- Highlight the desired term and click the >> button;
- Repeat the step to add more than one term;
- Click the Filter button to apply.
To Mark/Unmark Journals
- Click the Mark column of the desired journal in the Journal Rankings window. Click again to unmark. Or use the Edit pull-down menu.
To Sort Journals
- Click the Sort button on the toolbar. Choose the desired sort option, eg., Impact Factor and click Sort. Other soritng options include Total Cites, Immediacy Index, Cited Half-Life etc.
To Return To Full Journal Listing
- From a filtered list, click the Filter button on the toolbar. At the Filter Journal dialog box, choose No Filter (All Journals). Then click Filter.
To Print Or Save
Within the Journal Rankings window
- Click File, Print. To print only marked records, choose Selection from the Print Range box.
Outside the Journal Rankings window
- Click the Print button at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Make sure you are at the journal listing (marked, filtered or sorted) that you want to save. Click the Save button on the toolbar. Under Drives:, set to a:, assign a filename, then click OK.
- To save only marked titles, you have to first filter the list by marked journals.
To Switch Database
- Click File, then Open a JCR Database. Highlight the desired database and click Open.