Mega Working Paper Sites
Technical reports and working papers are defined here as documents that formally present the results of scientific, technical, management, or social science activities of more than temporary interest, usually produced and initially distributed in small numbers.
The HKUST Library has also created an Institutional Repository for the technical reports (and other work) that results from research activity at HKUST
Listed below are selected online resources that provide working papers in the areas of management and economics.
- bepress Powered Working Papers
- Multi-disciplined working paper series, published using "bepress" technology.
- Bibliographies of Technical Reports of Computer Science Departments
- A searchable collection of bibliographies computer science technical reports, updated monthly. Maintained at Lehrstuhl Informatik fur Ingenieure und Naturwissenschaftler at the University of Karlsruhe in Germany.
- CISTI - Canadian Institute for Scientific and Technical Information
- Use the "advanced search" feature and use "technical report" as a keyword. Records lack abstracts.
- Google -> Directory -> Science > Publications > Archives > Free Access Online Archives
- A directory maintained by Google.
- NTIS - (National Technical Information Service
- Its catalog can be searched from 1990- but some records lack abstracts
- Now maintained by OCLC, this is a searchable collection of freely available, academically-oriented digital resources. When using the search engine, type in the words "technical report" or "working paper" or "discussion paper", along with your subject keywords.
- Science Accelerator
- Science Accelerator searches science, including R&D results, project descriptions, etc. from the Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) of the USA.
- Searches over 200 million science-specific Web pages for scientific, scholarly, technical and medical data, including preprints, technical reports, etc.
- Sources for Technical Reports
- From the University of Virginia, it contains links to Web sources of technical report literature and offers advice on how to obtain technical report literature.
- Technical Reports
- From Stanford University, describes what are technical reports and where to find them.
- Virtual Technical Reports Center
- From the University of Maryland Libraries, it is alphabetical index (by institution) of technical reports, preprints, reprints, dissertations, theses, and research reports of all kinds.
Office Location : Reference Dept, Library G/F
Phone : 2358 6751