This guide is developed for LANG 2030 students, to help you find the required information to complete your proposal report.
Your assignment: Devise an innovative engineering idea in your field of study.
In your report, you need to
- Review existing technologies
- Explain the engineering theories and knowledge that underline your innovation
- Compare your innovation with similar designs and establish the need for your innovation
Through searching and evaluating retrieved articles you will learn to:
- Understand the characteristics of three types of information sources:
- Academic journals and
- Trade magazines
- Analyze your research topic and information needs
- Choose appropriate search tools and how best to search them
- Develop effective search strategies